Posted in Uncategorized


My day started with an alarm, not the one attached to your clock, but the one you arm to protect your house each night when you go to bed. I woke up around 7:30, thankful that I had slept in, when I heard the dog whining to go out. I got up, made the normal bathroom trip, put on my robe, then let Molly out of her crate. She always stretches and then we walk together to the backdoor. I, of course; ‘normally’ go to the alarm and disarm it, but for whatever reason I didn’t do that this morning. Probably because I had slept past the normal time and my brain was confused. After all it was a work day, but I was 2 and 1/2 hours behind my normal schedule! Anyway, Molly went to the dining room and did her normal stretching and rolling around, but didn’t come to the door. I walked to the door and was standing there with my hand on the lock, but she was still in the dining room. I called her over and she walked my direction but stopped about 5 feet away from the door. Puzzled I looked at her and asked if she wanted to go out, but she just sat there looking at me. I’m thinking she must really need to go out and why isn’t she hovering at the door like normal. So, I unlocked the door, still asking her if she needed to go out, her still sitting about 5 feet away, then I turned the knob, she still didn’t move, opened the door and off went the house alarm. The sound it makes is a lot like an air raid; off I ran to the key pad, laughing at myself the whole way. As I headed back to the door Molly was now looking at me like “I was trying to tell you that you were getting ready to make a big mistake, but you weren’t catching on”. Keith and I laughed because if the neighbors weren’t awake before they were now! That’s how my day started…..happily I can say the rest of my day was fantastic.

Keith and I enjoyed dinner at Cracker Barrel, it was really good. It was a little bit of a wait, so we looked at all the great things they have in the store and then played a game of checkers. I was losing in a big way when they finally called our name. Once we were at our table we played the game with the golf tees, you know where you have to jump the pieces and try to leave the fewest tees on the board. We both played several times but neither one of us could leave less than 4 pieces. We decided to play one game together, each taking a turn, and we left 2….just goes to show we work better together than separately! After eating we did a little Christmas decoration shopping at Garden Ridge. They have some great yard decor and very good pricing. Anyway, I am excited to get the outside of our house decorated. We are going to work on it tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I put up our nativity on the fireplace mantle when we got home, it looks really good up there. We watched Dallas beat Seattle and now Keith is putting the “C7” (personal joke) lights on the tree. We are putting up two trees this year, one in the office because there is a bay window in there and that space screams for a tree. Oh and it can be seen from the street! We picked up another tree today, one that is tall and thin, to put in the living room for our family celebration. I am going to pull out all the ornaments our kids made over the years and use them to decorate the living room tree. Hopefully I can get that done without crying! I am over the top sentimental when it comes to Christmas!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a blessed day and ate tons of food. We will celebrate our family Thanksgiving with our children and grandchildren on Saturday….I can’t wait.

One thought on “Thanksgiving

  1. That sounds like a great Thanksgiving! I love the idea of two trees – our office also faces the street which would be the perfect place for the tree – but I always put it in the living room so Kaeden can enjoy it!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s