Steven Furtick’s devotional, Sun Stand Still, has been my morning read for the last few months. I have learned so much about what audacious faith can look like in my life. Bold faith has changed how I see myself and gives me more confidence to believe what God can do in and through me.
In a recent morning devotion, he included 12 Faith Confessions and I wanted to share them. You can also go here to watch a 12 Faith Confessions video on Steven’s blog.
- I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation (Romans 8:1-2, Ephesians 1:7-8, 1 John 1:9)
- I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation (Joshua 10:12-14, John 14:12)
- I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all of my heart (Proverbs 3:5-6, Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7)
- I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life (Exodus 3:9-12, Psalm 57:2, Colossians 1:24-29)
- I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do (Deuteronomy 8:18, Luke 6:38, Philippians 4:13)
- I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 139:13-16, Ephesians 5:25-27)
- I am a faithful spouse and a godly parent-our family is blessed (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Ephesians 5:22-25, Colossians 3:18-19, 1 Peter 3:1-7)
- I am completely whole-physically, mentally and emotionally (Psalm 103:1-5, Matthew 8:16-17, 2 Corinthians 5:17, 1 Peter 2:24)
- I am increasing in influence and favor the kingdom of God (Genesis 45:4-8, 1 Samuel 2:26, Acts 2:37-47)
- I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17, 1 John 3:16; 4:9-12)
- I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make (2 Chronicles 1:7-12, Proverbs 2:6, Ecclesiastes 2:26, James 1:5)
- I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus’ name (Genesis 50:20, Psalm 3:1-3, 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3)