Have a happy and blessed Monday!
First Things First is an email devotion by Christine Caine that I receive in my email each morning. Her words are always encouraging and challenging; they push me towards becoming all He has purposed and planned for me.
Look up! Set your gaze directly before you……
If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!
But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.
When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.
All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
- Keith and I talked more…laughed a lot and spent an amazing amount of time together.
- I realized some of my old passions…creating things…decorating…re-purposing.
- I found my bible…the one that is printed and bound with pleather. I loved reading from it…even grabbed several different versions we have and compared scripture/words, etc…old school YouVersion!
- I realized that I was caught up in what others think of me….I was posting to impress. How many likes or comments can I get? (sad, I know)
- In my quiet time I came to realize that the dream I have hung onto for years was my dream and not Gods! That is amazingly freeing for me. I feel like a weight has been lifted. Now I am seeking, stepping out and dreaming again, expecting that God will be able to speak to me now that I am listening.
- I have more margin in my life to do the things I enjoy. To have time~quality time~for all the things in my life and still have me time.
- I enjoy my coffee on the couch in the morning, in my comfy robe and don’t feel like I have post it on Facebook. Ha ha